Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
If we're still asking what the MitD is *after* his reveal, it kind of undercuts the scene a bit, don't you think?
No, it does not. I expect the reveal to be part of an intentionally emotional scene in which MitD comes into his own, and stops being "friends" with people who only want him around as their guard dog. That is what will make the scene powerful. V or Xykon or RC might namedrop his species, but I doubt Rich expects the 90% of his readership that don't play D&D to recognize it or even google the damn name because after all, the whole point of MitD is that he is more than his species, he is more than what his species can do for Xykon.

So yes, i fully expect that after the reveal, there will be a bunch of people asking what on Earth an uvuudaun is, or whatever MitD turns out to be. And a bunch of people wondering how MitD could have done X in this or that big MitD moment (e.g. "how did he get V and O-Chul out of the tower? He only has teleport, and teleport requires you to touch, and go along" or similar).

Grey Wolf