Quote Originally Posted by Covenant12 View Post
Going have to agree to disagree here. 3.5 does poorly run as low or no magic items. What balance exists assumes sufficient magic to say, hit stuff and do notable damage to it. There are rpgs out there that mesh well with it, 3.5 isn't one of them. Not just martials (excepting gishes with 9ths by 20), but rogues will have difficulty functioning like that.
The balance of D&D does assume magic items. I'm not saying we should remove those. I'm saying doubling down on that is creating more problems that will have to be solved eventually. Better to pull from Weapons of Legacy, or Unearthed Arcana's proto-Weapons of Legacy subsystem, because that's closer to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by redwizard007 View Post
Vs. flight- casting flight in close proximity to a well built fighter = questionable outcome at best.
Casters have all day flight -- overland flight is the obvious solution, phantom steed at higher levels, or even fly lasts long enough for a full day's dungeon crawling.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
Okay, so what is the topic of this thread?
I think the topic of this thread is that giving martials anti-magic is the best solution and we should all support it.