1. - Top - End - #185

Default Re: May UA's Up: Ever Wanted To Be Part Horse?

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Walk me through that, if you will. What build and combat situation would you put that on, and how would it go?
    I'm on mobile so briefly:

Melee fighters are never really strong per se in 5e, so this is more of a casual fun character than a highly professional monster killer, but something like: Marcus Daedalus Carnifex, retired minotaur centurion. Samurai, GWM + Healer feats, Defense style. Sometimes greatsword, sometimes warhammer + shield. Longbow for backup. Proficient in Stealth, Perception, Athletics, Intimidation, Animal Handling. Stats around S 17 D 12 C 14 I 10 W 9 C 11. Bit of a temper problem, which is why he never made it to high rank and in fact took early retirement. Temper shows only in high-pressure situations though. (Crease/Sneakers model.) In adventuring mostly for the excitement and the easy cash (when you survive).

Basically acts as party tank. Gets in the way of monsters, shoves them away from squishies, hits things with greatsword and/or grabs them and slams them on their back and gores them.

Pretty straightforward really, which is really the whole point of the character.

Does that answer your question or do you need more detail on what a fight looks like with a whole party plus this guy?
    Last edited by MaxWilson; 2018-05-22 at 10:33 PM.