Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
Granted, the Leopard can only shuttle down one lance at a time, but there's nothing saying you can't bloody well land the Argo or run multiple shuttle runs with the Leopard. So that's a company vs a battalion, so 3:1 odds. You've faced that before, especially on 4.5 and 5 skull missions. And not ALL of them are going to be assaults. If they're lucky, they've got one full lance worth of assaults, each one probably leading three different lances of heavies as the Commander Company, the rest of the mechs are probably going to be lights and mediums, which you should be able to mop up. Lady Arano could back you up with some SRM boats, twin AC/20 tanks, and 3x PPC Shreck vehicles to support you against his vehicles. Bring a single Jagermech with you with the twin AC/2's over AC/5's to keep the lawn darts off your arse and to snipe any damn alleycats before they can do some actual damage sniping back.

Now THAT's a fight I would've loved to play out.
Actually, it's a plot point that you can't land the Argo. Well, not if you expect to take off again without extensive repairs, at which point you're deliberately crashing the Argo (with style), not landing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
Aeros are a problematic element in the Battletech universe and pretending they don't exist (which is common in games set in the universe generally) seems to work better than trying to deal with the problems they create.
The amount of times people try to do a combined aerotech / battlemech campaign only to stop after the first game would be quite high I imagine. Aerotech works well enough in its own setting, but I can't say it works super well when you need to combine it with battlemechs.