Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
Goku during the Cell games has an official power level of 4 trillions (without using the Kame-hame-ha). During the saiyan saga, Vegeta had a PL of mre 18k. And he could already destroy planets.
Where the heck did that official number come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
Brolly destroys a Galaxy when he's a baby with a power level of 10,000... Now, I'll be nice and assume he somehow used his super-saiyan multiplier (100x) (makes sense), so that gives him a PL of 1 million! Hell! Make it 100 million! It's still waaaaay weaker than the characters in the Cell saga... It's weaker than Final Form Freeza! Admittedly, Brolly didn't completely annihilate the galaxy, but he did break everything in it... And left enough residual energy for Goku to feel it years later.
May I recall we got on this conversation because I posted evidence that the numbers in Dragon Ball Z itself were widely inconsistent.

Now you want to bring in Broly and argue from his powerlevel in a non-canon movie and extrapolate linearly from what the movie says he can do with a power level of 10,000 (which no one else with that meager power level can apparently do).

The very fact that powerlevels go bonkers during Frieza and Cell Saga shows they are non-linear. In the real fight, if you fight someone twice as strong or fast than you its an immediate curb stomp. In Dragon Ball you have expotential differences being made up all the time. Our much weaker fighters every so often come in and make a temporary contribution.

How the heck does Super Saiyan Goku get hurt by a rock casually thrown by Krillin (while they are fishing during the prelude to Cell Games) yet not get utterly destroyed the moment he lets his guard down and a real blow land?

How can post-Cell Games base-form Goku struggle with a 10 ton weight? He has handled far more than that when he was gravity training let alone by having mountains dropped on him.

The numbers make no sense, have never made any sense and it really makes no sense that Broly can destroy an entire galaxy while Buu is limited to one planet at a time.