Quote Originally Posted by D.One View Post
I don't quite remember it, but are there any variant of Beholder without the Anti-magic that could be a candidate? I remember something in the lines of a Beholder Mage, or something like that.
Beholder Mage is a prestige class for "true" beholders, with "Must put out central antimagic eye" as a special requirement. Among beholderkin, most don't have an anti-magic central eye (death tyrants and hive mothers do; death kisses, directors, eyeballs, eyes of the deep, gauth, gougers, overseers, and spectators don't). There's also the Focused Antimagic feat, which allows one with an antimagic cone to only affect a single creature or object in the cone's range.

I would be remiss, however, not to point out that most of these come from Lords of Madness, which was published in 2005 and therefore post-MitD. (Death kisses, death tyrants, eyeballs, and gougers are in older Faerun books; but explicitly referenced there by the setting-agnostic Lords of Madness, and an older version of the Beholder Mage prestige class was printed in one of those as well. The validity of their pedigree is at least debatable)