Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
Y'all are making me feel like I need a new avatar. But I also kinda like mine...
Likewise. Actually, I need a new general avatar which looks good even when shrunk to 24 pixels so that I can use it all over the Internet. Sadly, what drawing skills I had managed to work up have rusted now, and if I find the time to start undertaking arts and crafts projects again, those will be physical craft projects, because I've got a lot of fantasy accessories I need to make for myself.

And now I started thinking about the Iron Avatarist threads of yore. Those were fun, and I even got a pair of trophies. Ahh, now I'm all nostalgic and wistful!

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
For some reason I changed my avatar to my face last year and I just can't be bothered to change it... I can't believe how I used to have the time and energy to care about seasonal avatars.
The time half of that is easy to explain, that's just a product of having finished basic university level. The step into advanced education kinda hit me like a sledgehammer in slow motion. And the next step into the working life was just that all over again. Suddenly, the concept of spontanity has become hard to understand...

ION:
Today I got to be a very expensive babysitter. We have a bunch of guys over from another city to do a software upgrade to a rig, and both I and my team partner have to watch them, which mostly involves standing behind them as they talk about routine stuff which we neither understand nor are a part of. Although I did get to apply the sponginess of my brain to avert an impending disaster, so that's always something.