View Single Post

Thread: Campaign Journal: Ragesian Incursion

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Post Campaign Journal: Ragesian Incursion [COMPLETED]

I had a dumb idea and a bunch of players, so I split them up into multiple groups and gave them each a different night to play on. I set the games in an old campaign setting we've all played in a bunch of times, then mashed together ideas from Githyanki Incursion, War of the Burning Sky, Red Hand of Doom, Scales of War, Knights of the Lich Queen, and XCOM with the hopes of creating a sweeping war tale encompassing a setting my players all care about. The different groups will be acting independently at first, though their efforts will effect the challenges other groups may face. Eventually, the idea is for the groups to link up and take on the BBEG battle one another for the fate of the realms. The groups will be able to communicate with one another in-between sessions, swapping war stories and such with the in-game justification of hearing news of the war effort taking place in other locations.

Hopefully it'll be entertaining for everyone involved (players and readers alike), and hopefully the enormous amount of effort needed to pull this off won't drive me insane

UPDATE: Team Evil is on an indefinite hiatus because of out-of-game stupidity.
    Last edited by SleepyShadow; 2019-06-27 at 12:14 PM. Reason: The campaign is complete.