Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
Spoiler: DBZ discussion
Show
Sure, but how? No matter how hard I punch a cloud, it's not leaving the atmosphere. Also I'm pretty sure DBZ has had anyone who touches the sun be destroyed.

I discount filler because it gets discounted by, well everything else in DBZ. By everything else I'm talking about the manga, DBZ Kai, stuff like that. And again, I'm not talking about Superman, though I'd say it's harder to do with Superman because the comics are an absolute mess. The is no order at all to what they are doing.

Hey if you want to discount that guys calculations, that's your prerogative. Just like it's mine to believe him over you.

As for me, well I discount 100% of the information out of those extra things and interviews and the like. Because as Reddish Mage already pointed out, Power levels are clearly BS. The exact number, all the calculations and crap? It's pointless. It has no impact on the story. I'd argue it has a negative impact on the story. And as far as I'm aware, the whole concept of power levels lasted for like two arcs. The Sayains, and the Freeza arc. Before that it was never mentioned. After that it was never mentioned (I think and not counting Movies).

And yeah, I prefer logic and common sense over character boasting. If someone can destroy the sun, then show me that. If they can't, and there is no evidence to suggest that they can. Then I'm going to consider it boasting.
Spoiler: DBZ Discussion
Show
An impact strong enough can disperse non-solid matter away. An impact or explosion with enough force could theoretically accelerate molecules fast enough to leave the gravitational pull of whatever celestial bodies they find themselves on.

You keep saying "Power levels are BS"... Have you ever watched DBZ? In 99% of the fights, the winner is the guy with the highest power level! What the show (and its characters) tell us is that power level isn't all that matters. But even a nigh-immortal super-being with unlimited stamina, absurd toughness, amazing regenerative powers and the the techniques of nearly all main characters in the series still lost to a 12-yo because that 12-yo had a higher PL.

And while characters don't mention "power levels" after the Freeza saga, they still mention "power" all the time. You can assume the characters were just boasting... But then you gotta assume everything that isn't explicitly shown is just boasting... Like "infinity pages" and Specter "weighting as much as eternity". What annoys me in these discussions is how the level of scrutiny for what should and should not be considered is completely different for each side...

"Can destroy the solar planet" is apparently too much, even if it completely fits the power scaling of the show... But "has infinity strength" is acceptable, even though it goes against everything shown in comics, movies and shows... Because... He lifted a magic book that supposedly has infinity pages (according to Superman himself and no one else).