Spoiler: DBZ Stuff
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
An impact against what?
You know how nuclear bombs "push" all the air away and create a vacuum... Something like that. If it has matter, it can be affected by physical force. Besides, it's the kind of nonsensical stuff that they do all the time in DBZ, like literally holding energy, as you can see here (and in a million other scenes as well). Or Goku (and Freeza) somehow resisting a power that erases anything from existence... Or Goku moving even when time is stopped. Or... You know... He teleporting around.

DBZ doesn't give a **** about physics.

Yeah, usually the stronger guy wins. I'm not arguing that point. But power levels are all over the map. Like we're given a number, but it doesn't make any sense. You can't actually apply that number to a scale or anything. It's why I think they dropped them. It was just a really dumb way to say that this guy is stronger then that guy and that putting a number to it was just kinda dull.
Possibly. Doesn't change the fact that those numbers exist.

You know what I hate the most about Superman vs Goku? I can't talk about DBZ without people think I'm talking about Superman. How about we pretend we're talking about Kirby vs Buu instead? Or Vegeta vs Shadow. But please stop bringing up Superman. I hate the character, and have no interest in trying to defend him. Ever.
Kirby vs Buu is even more ridiculous. It's just "does cartoon physics beat non-cartoon physics?". The answer is always yes, even if Kirby is obviously far more limited than his one-shot feats would lead as to believe... By DB's logic Tom & Jerry can defeat anyone, because they're literally immortal (even when they die, they come back completely fine the next episode) and can pull super-human stunts when it's funny. It's a stupid way to analyze things, but that's how they do it... And Vegeta vs Shadow is such a dumb match up I completely forgot it happened.

Anyways, I don't think it fits in the power scaling of the show because the stakes pretty much stay at 'save whatever planet they are on'. Buu isn't presented as a galactic threat, he's a galactic scourge, destroying one planet at a time, again and again. Not dozens of solar systems, despite being much more powerful then Cell.
Because he didn't, not because he can't. He just flies around destroying planets because that's more fun to him than destroying everything at once. And the reason the story is always about the fate of Earth is because that's what Goku cares about. He isn't part of the galactic police. He's just a guy who likes martial arts. He fights to protect his friends and his planet because he cares about them. Sure, he's good-natured, merciful and always happy to help people in danger, but he's no hero of justice (as Goku himself has said).