View Single Post

Thread: RIP TotalBiscuit

1. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: RIP TotalBiscuit

I was never a fan of his honestly, and certainly found a lot of his critique to be...well. Not aimed at me. We just liked different things in gaming for different reasons. That said, 33 is only a year older than me and man does that scare the crap out of me. Cancer is a brutal monster and we should be working to iradicate it in its various forms.

While I also don't truck with the idea of not speaking ill of the dead (because some people should have ill spoken of them

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    TB was a prominent figure in gamergate, a harassment campaign aimed at women in gaming, specifically game development and journalism. And while he never participated in the harassment himself (to my knowledge at least) he certainly pointed his following who was doing the harassment at people he disagreed with
    Beyond anything else, this is just so dishonest it warranted me saying something. Painting Gamergate as this big hit piece against women and female game developers and journalists is just...startlingly one sided and fatuous. Gamergate was a lot of things with a lot of people with a lot of agendas and it's certainly true that some people were what you're claiming the whole movement was. But to say it was just that. To paint it as this monolith of anti-female sentiment by a bunch of people isn't just a gross mis-characterization, it is well poisoning to the extreme. Especially because there was a not-insignificant female population within the Gamergate movement. You'd either have to deny that on its face (people have), claim that all the women were fake and were really just men (lots of people have) or were Uncle Toms (yet more people made this claim) to even scratch the surface of your assessment to be valid. Your identity politics is showing and it doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Poiuytrewq View Post
    Isn't he the one who wished another dude to get cancer and die? Kind of ironic that he died of cancer, just to show how the universe works. Be careful with what you put out to the universe, it may come back to bite you later.
    He apologized for this. A lot, actually. Is it ironic...sure...but acting as if he did something beyond the pale and got his just desserts is just karmic masturbation at this point. If everyone who ever made a claim like that got cancer and died at a terribly young age then we'd be a much smaller population of people.
    Last edited by Razade; 2018-05-25 at 07:56 PM.