Quote Originally Posted by strangebloke View Post
It comes back to the fact that blood hunters don't get heavy armor.

Conventionally, strength builds and Dex builds are about equal. Dex builds are more flexible, strength builds hit harder and have better AC.

But since hunters don't get heavy armor, if they want to have good AC and be strength based they need good strength and good Dex. So it's inefficient.

But if you start with a +2 to strength you can pick up heavy armor at level 4, and not be behind on ASI. So no big.
After rolling, The character stats I have are: STR 17, DEX 11, CON 11, INT 8, WIS 13, CHA 6

Half orc so it'll bring my totals up to STR 19, DEX 11, CON 12, INT 8, WIS 13, CHA 6

Unfortunately, this character is already active in a campaign, and it was before I found this page (Least I chose the race well), however with what you guys have said, and going back and reading through it again, I understand now how Dex overall a better option in future given the AC bonus without heavy armor (i'm not planning on going heavy anyway as medium better fits the rp flavour to me) and that the predatory strike can be Str or Dex based. I may talk to the DM about swapping my str and dex, since we're only just started the campaign. Thanks for the help mate.