[Abandoned Tech Store]

This particular iteration of the Professor seems...chipper, is the only real word Edict can find for it.
But perhaps the fellow is running off the high of discovery, or whatever that is. He's aware of at least one witch that gets oddly friendly when some goals are met, who is normally prickly.

"I wouldn't say that I am disappointed..."
After all, Edict still isn't really sure what his thought was there. Possibly relief? Hmmm, yes, that might be closest. Why relief though?
"And while I would be somewhat interested to know if amassing your creations together draws forth your original consciousness, it is not something I particularly need to see now. Although I would also be interested in knowing if you had a particular reason in calling me here, or if you were simply showing off your latest design."

The statement isn't meant to be standoffish, though in hindsight perhaps it came out that way.
Particularly when the likely answer occurs to him a moment later.
"No, I suppose you didn't have a deeper plan, if you're desiring 'noteworthy activity'. I'm not sure what you would consider noteworthy, these days. At present, I am just seeking out...unusual phenomena. Something peculiar enough to be worth my time and interest."

Which he had found!
Before the Professor ruined it. Totally on purpose.