Jeivar, I agree with you, especially on the sequels. Lost World is especially bad in that nearly every death can be traced directly to the actions of the "heroes". After Lost World I haven;t seen any of them in the theater, and this newest one will be no exception. I'll catch it on cable since all I want to see is unrealistic dinosaur fights.

However, there's one thing I'd like to address....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post
The first film is the least extreme about it, but still casts a weirdly negative light on the lawyer guy whose reaction to dinosaurs is to talk about how much money the whole venture will make.

How is that in any way not a normal reaction for a corporate lawyer?
The lawyer gets grief not for his money making attitude, but that he changes to it so quickly and abandons his initial position. Remember, he was initially representing the interests that brought Grant, Saddler, and Malcolm (GSM) to the island in the first place. The events (seen and assumed based on scenes).

1) Worker is killed while setting up the park.
2) Investors express safety concerns. Gennaro (lawyer who is representing THEIR interests) confronts Hammond to bring in experts. Remember, if the experts aren't satisfied, he's not satisfied.
3) Hammond brings in GSM, (presumably those three at urging of Gennaro and the investors).
4) On their way to the park GSM and Gennaro see dinosaurs for the first time.

At this point Gennaro immediately switches to "We're going to make a fortune". He is no longer paying attention to the experts that HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE PAYING ATTENTION TO. More importantly, he obviously no longer is looking out for the interests of the investors, who are HIS ACTUAL CLIENTS. He simply sees the dollar signs and everything else goes away.

His attitude would be more understandable if he was Hammond's lawyer, but he isn't. He's there to assess the investment of the park relative to its safety, and he completely abandons it.