Quote Originally Posted by AMFV View Post
I would pay double for a pair of pants with pockets .

I don't believe you.

Knowing what I've paid for my Carhartt's with pockets to hold my channel locks and torpedo level the way I've grown used to, compared to what some Target jeans cost, I'd be suprised if you haven't paid at least triple!

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
...the clothing standards for office work and for trade work are very different. The solutions offered here would all lead to me being sent home for failure to dress appropriately for work.

Are they ever!

I took an "Orbital Welding" for stainless steel tube class, and when I realized that unlike my previous welding classes I could pretty much dress for comfort, I kept the work boots, but ditched the denim for slacks and a button shirt.

The disapproving sneers and "You look like a banker" comments (this was in 2009) from my classmates (all guys in my local union, or close by ones) told me that office attire was not acceptable.

Though I notice that most male office workers don't wear good shirts instead they wear "Polo" shirts, which are flimsy, uncomfortable, and usually ugly (when not dark), why does this abomination exist?

With that in mind, it sure seems to me that "sport", "leisure", "casual", and often even "outdoor" clothing are synonym's for "uncomfortable flimsy plastic crap"!

Quote Originally Posted by An Enemy Spy View Post
People like different things than me and I think that's terrible. They should only spend money on things I like so that I don't have to live in a world where things I don't like become popular. This is a big problem in my life and I'm sick of it....

I'm almost completely ready to agree with you, I just have to know how you feel about gold for XP, and murderous or hobo?

...I also have strong opinions on whether or not women's should be easily able to find clothes with pockets at stores even though I am not a woman and have nothing to gain or lose from this issue.

Well I for one have plenty to gain or lose despite my not wearing women's clothes, as my wife has complained to me MORE THAN ONCE about how she misses the deeper pockets of the past so those are multiple PRECIOUS seconds that I had to try to look like I was listening and cared, instead of staring at a book or my phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
...I'd be interested to hear if you have a better system for determining what people want than the market?

I would think that would be obvious:
An authoritarian implemation of my tastes.

Please start with radio!

Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Yeah, instead of wallowing in self-pity, we have a bunch of forumers here who could take a page from Rich and launch a kickstarter to create a clothing company offering lots of pockets to women... ;)

I don't think enough people to be considered "a bunch" have posted to this thread yet

Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
...90%+ of the time, though, I'm casually dressed, a conscious choice as I favor convenience over fashion. So I have pockets, and anyone else could, if they just imitated me. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

That does remind me of a pretty big flaw of "dress"/"business" slacks (which I find more comfortable than most other pants besides pajamas):

The pocket openings are vertical, so when I drive things are more likely to fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
...That is the case - a quick google shows lots of results for women's trousers with decent size pockets.

I just don't trust buying "on-line", and vastly prefer "brick and mortar", so I sympathize with the ladies.

Speaking of which, I know that I'm in the minority, but that more and more things I can't shop for in a store that I walk into, feels like "market failure" to me, as did it when I worked at a motorcycle shop in the 1990's I personally sold the last sidecover or fuel tank that Honda or Kawasaki had available for some '60's and '70"s bikes multiple times, and that in my work many replacement parts that I used to be able to order for plumbing fixtures in the buildings I repair are no longer available

Yes "supply and demand", "the creative destruction of capitalism" "yadda, yadda, yadda", I don't care! Change is bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokèlé-mbèmbé View Post
My wallet is a political extremist. I don't trust it to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Even if your cash gets registered?