Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
Spoiler: Minor Spoilers
Show
in one conversation Kratos says that despite living as a mortal he was 'born a god,' implying that Zeus being his father is enough for him to be a god, and other demigods and heroes with similar parentage would count as such. At that point you could see his appointment as God of War as more of a power-up, unlocking latent potential through his and others' acknowledgement of his status.
Spoiler: So minor it's more a spoiler for the old games.
Show
Fair enough, I hadn't thought about his parentage as a reason they might consider him such since he's only half-god that way, but that could well be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
Unfortunately none of the boss fights really live up to the Stranger at the beginning, except maybe the nine optional side bosses, but those are kinda gear and reflex checks.
Well, that's a real shame, but I suppose optional side bosses are better than nothing.

In the meantime, I found a way to give myself a challenge anyway. On the lake area, ran into some kind of rift that popped out a couple of enemies that were obviously way tougher than I was supposed to be able to fight at this point. They could one-shot me, I couldn't even parry their attacks, and they could take quite a beating. I retried for like an hour until I was able to kill them anyway. Not a boss fight, but screw it, that was pretty satisfying.

I will say though that the RPG-like stats and item crafting is something I'm pretty iffy on here. I just don't feel those kind of things belong in an action game, they just get in the way and often become so much clutter/busywork. So far they seem restrained enough here that I'm not overly worried, but I kind of wish they weren't here at all nonetheless.