If I'm playing a game because it's an RPG, I'm there for the story. I'm a huge minmaxer in RPGs just so I can minimize the amount of time I have to spend with combat getting in the way of the plot progression.

Ironically, that means that since Bethesda games don't feel like RPGs with a story to follow, I spend a lot more time in them doing random stuff. Though it appears that's totally normal for Bethesda players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
The game was over. It was fun. I spent a lot of hours over three games having a fun time. The last five minutes sucked. But that doesn't negate the other hundred hours, does it?
ME3's ending actually did retroactively taint my enjoyment of the hundreds of hours I'd put into the series.

I put a massive amount of weight on getting satisfying conclusions to stories that interest me, enough that weak endings have ruined several film and comic series I followed. I'm actually kind of jealous that you have the ability to ignore whether a story has a cohesive resolution, since my demand for them has gotten in the way of my fun many times.