View Single Post

Thread: Masks: The Worst Generation (IC)

1. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Masks: The Worst Generation (IC)

Zodiac
    Conditions: Guilty, Insecure
    Potential: 3/5

Zodiac frantically paws at the cultist, trying to pick up any kind of scent of the hostages, but all he picks up is the overwhelming stench of Lison. It's enough to make him regret turning into a dog. But then Hive's nanobots start cleaning the air like a Febreeze commercial come to life, and a whole new world of scents starts flooding into his nose. Including human blood.

He shoots a worried look at Nuisance, but his attention is diverted when he finally picks up on the trail, and he rockets off for the stairwell. Navigating stairs is a bit more awkward as a dog, but he finally finds the hostages huddled in a cubicle farm a few stories down. Transforming back into his still shirtless human form, he ducks his head as dust and pieces of drywall start to fall from the ceiling. Carp, I gotta start carrying a costume change with me.

"Everybody, stay calm! I'm Zodiac, I'm here to get you to safety," he says, doing his best impression of a hero taking charge of the situation. It's cool, it's chill, it's just like a fire drill. "Emergency reposnders have arrived at the ground floor, the situation is under control. Please exit the building via the nearest stairwell."

Safely outside, Zodiac, now wearing a spare EMT jacket and carrying a cup of styrofoam coffee, catches sight of John Booth Daily getting patched up in an ambulance. "Mr. Booth," he says, raising a hand in greeting, "my team and I neutralized Arachne, along with her giant... zombie-thing. Seeing as how you kinda owe us for totally saving your life, it'd be real cool if you could talk that part up and not, y'know, the property damage. We're still catching heat from your story on the Rumble in the Jungle, know what I mean? I'm already gonna get a lecture from Grandfather 'cause nothing is ever good enough for that geezer, but it would score me a lot of points with my mom. And, by the way, I found a copy of that Arachne interview. Thanks dude, catch you later!"

Leaving the injured, and now blackmailed, reporter to the tender ministrations of Bart the EMT, Drake makes his way over to where Nuisance is getting treated. "Hey Sarah, brought you some coffee. You did good up there. Saved my butt with Rook, too. Listen, I know you got messed up back there, but I'm glad you didn't bail like Phantom did. We couldn't have done it without you."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm trying to share a triumphant celebration with Nuisance and tell her that I see her as an equal. Since she already has Influence over Drake, she gets to shift his labels. He also marks potential, bringing him to 5!
    Last edited by DreadPirateH; 2018-06-11 at 08:35 AM.