View Single Post

Thread: Masks: The Worst Generation (IC)

1. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Masks: The Worst Generation (IC)

Zodiac
    Conditions: None
    Potential: 6/5

Drake can't help but grimace to see the condition the suit is in. "Messed up" didn't cover it; it was basically trashed. "Looks like more than 'one small cut'. But from where I was standing, didn't look like nobody took you out. Except maybe Alex," he grins. "But bein' a hero's not about wearing the suit. It's about putting it on."

Sensing that it was time to have a moment, Drake cops a squat on the back of the ambulance next to Sarah. "When I first started out doing this hero thing, my mom wasn't too happy, y'know? But I kept doing it anyway. I felt like... knowing what I can do, I couldn't just stay at home, sittin' on the sidelines. And one day, Mom sat me down and told me something. There are two kinds of people. People that run from sirens, and people that run toward them. She knew that, no matter what, I was always gonna be one of the people that runs toward them. You and me, we're the same. Suit or no suit. Same goes for all of us. As long as you're chasing sirens, I'll be right there next to you. Well, maybe not next to you, more like above you, but y'know." Drake grins again, standing back up. "Tell you what, let me talk to my grandfather. Maybe we can do something about fixing your suit. Crossbow looks kinda banged up too. But I gotta run. Catch you later!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    There was a little more I wanted to do with this scene, but my battery is dying and I figured it was more important to get something up sooner rather than it be perfect. But this is also a good moment to reveal to Nuisance that Zodiac nearly did forget about the hostages and reveal a secret about his Legacy. Maybe we can revisit that at a later point when Nuisance inevitably gets down on herself again.
    Last edited by DreadPirateH; 2018-06-15 at 04:30 PM.