Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
Can you break that down for me please? I am not following, although I am liking, your math :)
Quote Originally Posted by The other thread
At it's most basic 1 CP cost the suit can generate a ranged attack that's 1d8 x2 with a 30' range increment. That's better than a revolver, but not much by 10th level.
2 more points gives you Improved Ranged attack which is 3d8 x2 at 10th level, technically that's as powerful as a ballista you can full attack with, but still not that impressive.
2 more points can turn it into an energy attack which deals xd6 instead of xd8 and is a standard action, so no full attacking, but it now a ranged touch attack. (note that you can switch back and forth.)
1 more point into Empowered Blast let's you pour PP straight into the energy blast at 1PP = +1d6 capped by class level.

So in theory that's 13d6 of the energy of your choice as a ranged touch attack, not too shabby, but it's eating half your PP to do it. (Ignoring bonus PP.)

OTOH you also have access to up to 4th level maneuvers and stances. 2 points into Initiators Soul lets you grab Elemental Flux Stance for 2d6 Energy damage stacked onto any attack you make, plus secondary benefits including DR 5/Adamantine or Fast Healing 1.

So Ranged Attack (1 CP), Improved Ranged Attack (2 CP), Energy Blast (2 CP), 1 Empowered Blast (1 CP), Improved Energy Blast (3 CP), Initiators Soul (2 CP).

That's 11 CP out of 15 at 12th level. But it's giving you a 3d6 (Improved Ranged Attack Modified by Energy Blast) + 2d6 (Initiators Soul: Elemental Flux Stance) + 12d6 (12 PP from Empowered Blast) = 17d6 to 3 targets (Improved Energy Blast. That's your choice of Fire, Cold, Electricity, or Sonic vs Touch AC.

That's before magic items, feats or maneuvers. Normally that would represent not only a near total commitment of an Aegis's CP build, but also them novaing half their PP away in a single attack. But since you're pouring 32 PP a round into them from Metaconcert cheese, they can keep that up all day. Basically you're making a starcraft deathball.

Presumably the other 4 points are spent on Flight + Perfect Maneuverability so they can just hover around the force ball and project doom.