1. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Revised: Week 1 - Abilities

Dexterity is effectively your base ranged attack bonus similar to how fighting is your melle base atack bonus and your melle defense all in one.
    Sorry given how often and how big a part of the system fighting is, having both ranged and mellee attack bonuses nd skils under fighting makes it mandatory to take and ridiculously strong. if you remove dexterity then you have to remove fighting.

You're right that most combat character usualy have one ranged and one melle option but they still shoud have to pay more to be efficient with both (be it by having to spend points in two atriibutes or more likely by taking ranks in the accurate extra on any ranged power, it's less costly but it's still an extra expense) to be efficent with both than a character that would only focus on one.

I'd rather that dexterity be made more usefull, one way or another. Maybe making it more usefull for things like deflect. Or making blocking a thing again. (and usefull is time) or having number of 'martial arts' and ' fighting finesse' sort of advantags that let it shine as n occasional replacement for strength a little more in combat.

As of presence, I have seen someone who tried to make it more worthwhile it by adding a new social skill : Leadership which et yu prety much do the same thing asthe advantage but with some rules adapted to makeit askil. I don' have them hre but I see ow it could work.

Personaly I'd like to see gather information put back way from nvestigation and back under presence.
    Point is by revamping presence dependent skills and adavantge might be the best way to give it extra worth
    Maybe to discuss when well be talking skills. (I'll have LOTs to say then. I DO NOT like what 3e did to skills, did not like it at all.)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2018-06-17 at 05:37 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-