Dauntless
Conditions: None

Ryan flips through the dossier one last time, though he isn't really paying much attention to the contents. Considering the transfer has been in the works for about a month now, he has basically memorized the entire thing in his head, and right now, he's more concerned about... other things. Namely, his new assignment, the state of "DRAGON" and San Fransapporo in general, how uncomfortable he feels in his suit (not The Suit, mind you. A regular, businessperson suit, plus a glove to cover up his left han) and how his sister would seriously murder him if he flubbed this up.

With a sigh, he closes the dossier. Meet up with Agent Oni, huh? Ryan has met Agent Oni once, though admittedly, it wasn't the most dignified of meetings. In one of his first assignments outside of Empire City, Ryan (as Dauntless) was supposed to extract Agent Oni, who was currently being held captive by a terrorist group. Details about their appearance was sparse, but it is known that they utilized all kinds of alien technology, and that caution is advised in engaging them

It was only when Dauntless actually touched down at the mission site that he found out the terrorists had a clown motif.

Ridiculous theming or not, the clowns did prove themselves to be formidable enemies, and it was only through sheer determination that Dauntless managed to rescue Agent Oni. Admittedly, she also did a lot of work once she got out of her manacles, but being caught by a clown-themed terrorist group still must've stung, especially since she's an experience AEGIS agent. To this day, Ryan still didn't know if Agent Oni agreed to be a handler out of respect for his capabilities, as a way to repay him saving her, or as a way to keep him silent about the "clown" part.

After the helicopter touched down, Ryan was promptly ushered into a car, where he was to be brought to Agent Oni. Really, what am I being all nervous about? Think of it like a job interview. Plus, his grandfather should be there with us, right? So that'll help things out. Piece of cake.

He lied. This wasn't going to be a piece of cake at all.

As Ryan walks into the 108 Star, the first thing he's greeted with is Sun Wukong- Wukong Industries' CEO- leaving his seat and just walking out the restaurant without saying a word to them. Well, there's one of my safety nets gone. Grrreat.

He takes a seat as well, but remains silent until Drake -One of DRAGON's members- addresses him and offers him tea. "Hey, no need to be so formal, y'know?" Ryan responded with a smile. "Just call me Ryan when I'm out of my other suit. And yeah, tea sounds good, thanks." Gingerly, he poured the pu-erh tea into one of the cups and took a sip, and immediately regrets it. Ugh, what is this tea made of? Dirt? Still, as to not appear rude, he chugs down the rest of his tea with a hardened, determined look on his face, before putting the cup down on the table again and continuing to talk, now with a more serious expression.

"I don't know how much your grandfather has explained to you, but we're here as part of a deal made by AEGIS and Wukong Industries. To give you a short rundown of it, AEGIS gets resources from Wukong Industries whilst cutting down on the small-time arms manufacturers in the city, and in return, Wukong Industries will help AEGIS out by using their contacts to better out PR. As part of a ''trial run" of this deal, I'm to join your team in exchange for ten shipments of weapon crates to AEGIS."

Ryan's expression softens as he continues talking. "Still, it isn't all business. I'm honestly pretty excited to join you guys; you all seem like good people. Kinda reckless, but good. You don't have to worry about me or AEGIS trying to take control of the team, either, so there's that. In fact, I think this deal will be in you guys' favor, really; you get access to AEGIS resources and other cool stuff with me on the team, as well."

Ryan then offers his right hand to Drake. "I want us to work together. Not with you as subordinates to AEGIS, but with us being equals. Is that fine by you?"