View Single Post

Thread: Masks: The Worst Generation (IC)

1. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Masks: The Worst Generation (IC)

Nuisance
    Conditions: Afraid, Insecure

Sarah was having a hard time processing this, so her brain defaulted to compliance. She walked over to where Looking Glass indicated, plopping to the ground with her crossbow and water bottle still lumped into her arms.

Always watching me? Sarah thought uneasily. Uh, does that mean she saw all the Carmine Crane fanfiction I read...?

Sarah shifted uneasily as she laid her items down and crossed her arms over her knees. She wasn't quite sure what to make of Looking Glass. The woman was almost impossibly tall, so she had to crane her head back to try and look her in her featureless face. The whole of her costume was even somewhat unsettling, now that Sarah had gotten a close look. Still, this was one of the heroes of San Fransapporo that she'd admired, and she wasn't about to screw it up if she could manage. But why the insidious questions? What was this about a storm? Did she miss a Weather Report announcement? And what did she mean about Nuisance fighting two witches? It was just Arachne, right? The only other villain she'd really fought that day was Rook.

Oh. Suddenly the scythe flying and crow summoning seemed to make a lot more thematic sense. But wouldn't that mean Rook was on the cultists's side? Maybe Rook wasn't just a mercenary.

"It's...not about bravery." Sarah admitted as she rested her chin in her arms. She'd given up trying to look the hero in her face as her neck started aching. "I'm...not brave. I'm scared, even now with someone cool like you here. I just can't leave it alone, not when people are in trouble. You wouldn't watch someone die if you could stop it, would you? I mean, if I could've done something, anything, and I didn't? If I didn't give everything I had to even that one person? I'd never sleep again."

"But I'm not as good as the others are. I can't fly, or make tech-cannons from my chest, or jump off skyscrapers. I'm just...the normal girl, like you said. And that means I've gotta work harder than anyone else if I want to stay here."

"I don't know what's next, but I know I probably can't fight it, Sarah said, her fingers tightening their grip on her arms subconsciously. "I just can't repeat what happened last time. I've gotta be smarter, somehow."
    Last edited by Kirjath; 2018-06-19 at 05:41 AM.