Quote Originally Posted by Quellian-dyrae View Post
EDIT: For what it's worth, I remove Fighting rather than Dexterity because Dexterity at least has interesting fluff on its own. Hand-eye coordination and such. And technically it's a DC 5 Dex check to catch a falling character . There is no need for a separate Ability telling you how good you are at fighting, when you have combat stats for doing just that; I can't even imagine why somebody would ever roll a Fighting check rather than an attack roll or Parry check.
I think its one of those things for when you want a character good at melee combat, any kind of combat. Sure the Hulk gets by with a huge strength and ranks in Close Combat: Unarmed, and presumably so can Batman. But for a character like say Lady Shiva you want a character that if they're given a sword they can fight, if they're unarmed they can fight, if they have alien bluntonium energy doohickeys they can fight. So fighting as an ability make sense in a obtuse sort of way. Also, if you drop Fighting and Dexterity we're back to 2E M&M with the classic six attributes, and raising attack bonus and defenses directly via points.