Quote Originally Posted by Trillium View Post
Well, I'm not big on those psychological shenanigans. Its biology that matters anyway. Unless elves can be biologically gender-queer, which would be... interesting.

If I understand the term right "gender" is about identity, so cultural/psychological/social, and it used to be a linguistic term (my high school Latin teacher in the 1980's told us "people have a sex, words have a gender") until anthropologist grabbed it, and "sex" is biological.

Antway, what the biology is for Stickverse (based in part on 3.5 D&D) Elves is up to Rich, but some WotC 5e D&D Elves may biologically be female, male, both, or neither per Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes:
Spoiler: The relevant sidebar in MToF
Show
"THE BLESSED OF CORELLON
Ever changing, mirthful, and beautiful, the primal elves could assume whatever sex they liked. When they bowed to Lolth's influence and chose to fix their physical forms, elves lost ability to transform in this way. Yet occasionally elves are born who are so androgynous that they are proclaimed to be among the blessed of Corellon - living symbols of the god's love and of the primal elves' original fluid state of being. Many of Corellon's chief priests bear this blessing.
The rarest of these blessed elves can change their sex whenever they finish a long rest - a miracle celebrated by all sorts except Drow. (The DM decides whether an elf can manifest this miracle.) Darl Elves find this ability to be terrifying and characterize it as a curse, for it could destabilize their entire society. If Corellon's blessing manifests in a drow, that elf usually flees to the surface world to seek shelter among those dedicated to Corellon."

Some details are in
Spoiler: this video
Show
(at about 10 minutes into the video)