View Single Post

Thread: Ultimate Optimizer's Multiclassing Guide

1. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Ultimate Optimizer's Multiclassing Guide

Been working on a Hexblade/Samurai build with the core idea being that once you have Pact of the Blade you have the use of Elven Accuracy alongside GWM.

Especially if you use Hexblade's Curse on the first turn of combat, second turn you can nova pretty hard with Fighting Spirit -> Super Advantage GWM hits that crit on 19-20 and do 2d6+Cha+Prof+10 (GWM)+1 (Improved Pact Weapon) damage on each of 4 attacks (w/ Action Surge).

Scales pretty heavily with higher levels, too, but turns online "fully" at level 9 (Fighter 6/Warlock 3). It's not the most amazing build ever, but I think access to Elven Accuracy+GWM this reliably (bonus action activation) is somewhat unique to the Samurai/Hexblade multiclass.

Half Elf with [8 Str / 13 (14) Dex / 15 (16) Con / 10 Int / 10 Wis / 15 (17) Cha] point buy

You can probably dump the Int to 8, but I like having it for skill checks and there's not another specific half feat that I think is worthwhile unless you go level 1 Warlock, in which case Resilient (Con) makes dumping Int more appealing.

EDIT: Unsure of high level build version. I think you want a minimum of 12 in Fighter for Extra Attack x2 and the following ASI, but probably at least 15 for Swift Strike as well. Not sure if Warlock 5 for 3rd level spells and Eldritch Smite is more worthwhile than the extra ASI if you go Fighter 16/Warlock 4, though my gut says it probably is so Samurai 15/Warlock 5 seems reasonable.

Other benefits of the build are medium armor, pretty solid max HP and plenty of ASIs at later levels for interesting feat combos: GWM, Elven Accuracy, and +2 Cha being the most important, but Sentinel, Warcaster and Medium Armor Master being on the table too (might swap Dex and Con point buy if aiming for Medium Armor Master).

Oh and the fact that it's PHB+1 legal is nice if that matters to anyone.
    Last edited by ciarannihill; 2018-06-21 at 03:37 PM.