So I'm my setting has a fantasy university, in the model of 15th century Oxford, or maybe Bologna. I have a name, Caedwalla, which I dug up using an Anglo-Saxon name generator until I found one I liked. I'm personally leaning towards an Anglo-Saxon/English vibe, maybe hints of Norman conquest stuff. I'm not doing a ton of information for it, but so far it is considered the premier magical institute in the world and has recently (about a century ago) expanded into other areas of study beyond being a research institute into nature of magic. Stuff like law, medicine, an what not. Link to relevant stuff: https://pegbarrow.obsidianportal.com/wikis/caedwalla.

Spoiler: for those that don't want to go off site
Show
Caedwalla is a university. One might call it THE university if they were being hyperbolic. Begardless it is the preeminent school of the learned within a thousand miles of Pegbarrow. The school started as a forum to teach aspiring wizards how not to blow themselves up with magic, as well as a place to try to impart a modicum of moral standards to magic users. Caedwalla still has the greatest magical education curriculum in the known world, however over the last three centuries since its inception the university has expanded to cover a wider range of subjects such as art, astronomy, literature, natural philosophy, medicine, metaphysics, and even theatre. As such the university also has a well regarded bardic college, both for those that want to weave magic into their music and those that simply want to learn the skills of a storyteller, musician and author.

Effectively I want some help getting lecture names, since there aren't courses and exams in the modern sense. You go for x number of years, and take an exam at the end of it with an established master. If you pass, you move on to working at attaining Master status yourself, if you fail try again next year. I want this to be the place where the magical version of Copernicus or Issac Newton would study.

I'm not going use anything that goes into Harry Potter style, because Harry Potter is as much a model of British private school education as it is a school to learn magic. If you can come up with some fun course names based on a 15th century university, either making fun of or based on that would be great. I know at its core the university was derived from Aristotelian philosophies.

For fun I'll do it as a counting thread, so far I have:

1) Metaphysics of Language of the Planes
2) Rhetorical Arguments with Outsiders
3) Anatomy of Extra-Planar Humanoids
4) The Greater Effects: Fire or Ice