1. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: I am bored and like building characters 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by mabriss lethe View Post
    A functional ~T3 "Bad Class" build of your choice: (soulknife, monk, truenamer, samurai, etc) Challenge: putting as many levels of the bad class into the build as you can. Bonus kudos for using multiple bad classes/prcs

EDIT TO ADD: I don't really need this for anything, so feel free to skip it if you prefer.
    Spoiler: Challenge Accepted
    Show

Kalashtar
    Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Way of the Cobra Monk +0 +2 +2 +2 Balance +4, Escape Artist +4, Tumble +4, Truespeech +2 Combat Expertise, Dodge(B), Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty, Nymph’s Kiss(B) Flurry of Blows, Unarmed Strike
    2 Way of the Cobra Monk +1 +3 +3 +3 Tumble +5, Truespeech +2.5, Escape Artist +5 Mobility(B), Touch of Golden Ice(B) Evasion
    3 Dark Moon Disciple Monk +2 +3 +3 +3 Tumble +6, Truespeech +3, Escape Artist +6 Midnight Dodge Darkvision 60 ft, Fast Movement +10
    4 Monk +3 +4 +4 +4 Tumble +7, Truespeech +3.5, Escape Artist +7 Defender of the Homeland(B) Ki Strike Magic, Slow Fall 20 ft
    5 Monk +3 +4 +4 +4 Tumble +8, Truespeech +4, Escape Artist +8 Purity of Body, +1 AC
    6 Way of the Cobra Monk +4 +5 +5 +5 Tumble +9, Truespeech +4.5, Escape Artist +9 Spring Attack(B), Knight Training Dodge Bonus Increase, Fast Movement +10, Slow Fall 30 ft
    7 Dark Moon Disciple Monk +5 +5 +5 +5 Tumble +10, Truespeech +5 Shadow Blend
    8 Paladin +6 +7 +5 +5 Tumble +11, Truespeech +5.5 Exalted Form*(B) Aura of Good, Smite Evil, Detect Evil
    9 Paladin +7 +8 +5 +5 Tumble +12, Truespeech +6 Exalted Ego* Divine Grace
    10 Paladin +8 +8 +6 +6 Knowledge Religion +4, Truespeech +6.5 Exalted Mind*(B) Aura of Courage, Divine Health
    11 Paladin +9 +9 +6 +6 Truespeech +7 Turn Undead
    12 Argent Fist +9 +11 +6 +8 Stunning Fist, Exalted Insight*(B) Ascetic Knight, Ki Focus, Stunning Smite
    13 Argent Fist +10 +12 +6 +9 Holy Armor
    14 Disciple of the Word +10 +14 +8 +11 Truespeech +12 Exalted Power*(B) Known Personal Truename, Monk Abilities, Word of Movement Sublime, Word Given Form
    15 Soulknife +10 +14 +10 +13 Shield of Though Mindblade, Weapon Focus Mindblade, Wild Talent
    16 Binder +10 +16 +10 +15 Exalted Reflexes*(B) Soulbinding
    17 Binder +11 +17 +10 +16 Suppress Sign, +2 initiative
    18 Swordsage +11 +17 +12 +18 Exalted Fortitude*(B), Desert Wind Dodge Quick to Act, Discipline Focus (weapon focus)
    19 Binder +12 +17 +13 +19 Savnok Bound
    20 Swordsage +13 +17 +14 +20 Exalted Perfection*(B) AC Bonus

*Exalted Form: requires vow of poverty and 8 hd
    Vow of Poverty's stat bonuses are now perfection bonuses instead of enhancement
    Exalted Power: requires exalted form
    +2 perfection bonus to STR
    Exalted Reflexes: requires exalted form
    +2 perfection bonus to DEX
    Exalted Fortitude: requires exalted form
    +2 perfection bonus to CON
    Exalted Mind: requires exalted form
    +2 perfection bonus to INT
    Exalted Insight: requires exalted form
    +2 perfection bonus to WIS
    Exalted Ego: requires exalted form
    +2 perfection bonus to CHA
    Exalted Perfection: requires exalted power, exalted reflexes, exalted fortitude, exalted mind, exalted insight, exalted personality, and 20 hd
    Once per day you may grant yourself the Paragon template for one minute. After this time you lose all perfection bonuses for the next 24 hours

Alright what does this thing have! No seriously what does it have. Word given form is a fun one that grants us 50% concealment against any target that you declare as your dodge target. With Desert Wind Dodge, Dodge, and Midnight Dodge you get 3 dodge targets to play with per round. Meaning 3 creatures of your choice you have 50% concealment against. Combined with Shadow Blend means that you will nearly always have 50% concealment against your foes.
    Now I will be the first to admit, I spent entirely too many levels just to have fun with Holy Armor and Vow of Poverty.

But all our AC things combined: +10 enhancement bonus to AC. +3 deflection bonus to AC. +2 Natural bonus to AC. +8 Armor bonus to AC. +1 shield bonus to AC. + dex mod to AC. +Wis Mod to AC.
    Our bonuses to stats are +10 to one stat, +8 to another, +6 to a third, +4 to a fourth, and the final 2 give us a +2. Your probably putting +10 wisdom, +8 dexterity, +6 cha, +4 str.
    If we give ourselves abysmal stats of 12 across the board except 13 in int (25 point build spread across everything because we need everything) then our final stats would be: 16 str, 20 dex, 14 con, 16 int, 26 wis, 18 cha. Which is very respectable even at level 20. This puts our AC at 47. However we aren’t done here, if you pair this guy up with that war weaver from earlier he can boost every single one of our stats using his magic. As our stat bonuses have become perfection bonuses. So we are great when paired up with a buffer. Our saves would be 26, 26, 33 which is fairly ridiculous, paired up with our 15 to all energy resistances, DR 10/evil, and always on freedom of movement we are fairly good at staying alive even in a magical world.
    We got to greatsword punches (2d6) which puts us at +17/+17/+17/+12 2d6+8.
    So here we aren’t that great, however when it comes to the boss battle we explode in potency. We explode up to a +49/+49/+49/+45 2d6+35, and our stunning fist has a DC of 48. Yes using this absolutely makes us terrifying, once per day. And yes our AC does increase, it increases to 76. Of course I don’t need to show off how powerful Paragon is.
    Last edited by Falontani; 2018-06-22 at 11:23 AM. Reason: dang it I forgot to get levels of Samurai!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.