1. - Top - End - #791
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments V―On a Saner Forum, We Wouldn't Need this Index

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Come on. Rule E is meant to exclude things that are redundant. It doesn't say "redundant with another quote in the Index". Just "redundant". This quote obviously falls under that rule, we have unanimity (including SaintRidley!) on the matter. We could twist the reading in such a way as to ignore the intent of the rule, but I fail the see the benefit in doing so.
    I mean, we clearly don’t have unanimity on that matter, since Jasdoif didn’t see it that way. I’m content to vote on removal consistent in the way I read Rule E, although I’d be open to amending it in the spirit of the language it’s written in so it’s clear to all it applies to redundancy from any source.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    That said, this is the first time we've used this particular procedure...so if there's now consensus that removals need some sort of no-vote threshold like additions do, now's a good time to come up with a rule revision reflecting that consensus.
    I think that this current system works fine; I like erring towards making removal more difficult. I know it isn’t too pressing of a concern, but as I said above it might be a good idea to clarify rule E. I think Rule H1 and H2 themselves are good, but having the grounds for removal in H2 be crystal clear is a good idea, even if it might not matter until the distant future.
    Last edited by Jaxzan Proditor; 2018-06-22 at 09:58 PM.

Peelee’s Lotsey