Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
For a moment, hidden in amidst the cardboard silhouettes of muscle men, and ensconced above the home of a dozen dainty mice princesses who respectfully keep their giggling and yoo-hoos to a minimum, you see the iron boots of the Huntsmen pass you by.

"All right, all right," said Mercia. "I get your point. It was hasty."
"The least you could have done was spook the Pilgrim a bit," said Longarms. "He might have revealed a trick or two."
"Still," said Mercia. "I wasn't expecting him to sell his name. Who does that?"
"Well, do we buy it, or what?"
"Buy - his name?"
"Yeah. I mean, it's on the Market."
"What could we do with it? He's obviously not attached to it, and his Fetch is a monster."
"Mercia," said Longarms throwing his arm around the Flower Knight's shoulders. "I would say that is the point."

And then they move on ahead, and into the commotion of the market, and you pass from each others' trails. Where do you go now?
That was almost too easy ... of course it won't always be, but maybe he hadn't had to go and sell his name after all. Had he been too rash? Ah ... Hello regret, my old friend ...

Jack slips away, quietly, head and spirits low. There's nothing left for him in the Market, and hanging around is just asking for trouble from the goblins. He came here with a job to do, but right now it is far from his mind.

I think he'll just wander for the moment, following the strongest feeling of despair and sadness to its source.