Lora shows Natalia to Gunn's office, hiding her dissatisfaction at the boss's choice of dinner guest. Gunn has used his belt of disguise to appear in a fine, well-tailored suit--gray, with a clean white shirt and navy tie. "Welcome, Natalia," Gunn says, gesturing her into his office, with Perseus guarding the door. And then, past it, through a door into his private chambers, a two-room enclave ensconced in the building. The first, a general, all-purpose room, with a dining table and chairs for four, a comfortable two-seat sofa and footstool, and a variety of art, both sculpture and painting. The table is already set, with plates of appetizers--bruschetta on one, a cheese plate on the other, and a small bowl of olives between them. A bottle of wine chills in the corner, and Gunn pours two glasses, one of which he hands to Natalia. "To our partnership," he says, locking eyes as he clinks her glass, and drinks a sip from his own.

"I'm glad you agreed to join me for dinner tonight," he says, offering her the plates of appetizers, "I'm curious, though--what made you say yes?"