View Single Post

Thread: Campaign Journal: Ragesian Incursion

1. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Campaign Journal: Ragesian Incursion

Flynt's player from group A here: We're gonna try to do individual perspective recaps from one player in our group every week. These are mostly fluff and are mainly for character insight and development and largely cover the same topics of the main recap so they are purely supplemental. That said, here is the first Flynt File!

Flynt File: Where there's smoke, there's Sapphire

Spoiler
    Show
    After arriving in Sapphire and settling in (ie: restocking potions, meeting npcs, shopping for a third hand, resting, etc.), we woke up and set out to work on some of the issues with refugees that we noticed as we entered the region. There appeared to be many factions that were all segregated and at each other's throats, so trying to be as helpful as possible, we split up to cover more ground.

I have no idea what Ashlin, Saoirse, Tiljannie, or Nyoko were up to, but Virion and I went to the Sterich camp first since I and Virion are from the region. The Chief Barbarian lady was as bull headed as my people usually are, claiming they should be leading all camps since they are mightiest. I suggest that since they are all equally displaced that maybe their way is not any better than the "wimpy magic user's." This did not go over well, and Virion took matters into his own hands. Valuing strength himself, he cold clocked the chief and that seemed to grab her attention. With her finally listening to us, we offered to help them in any way we could to ease tensions with the other factions, to which she told us to go talk with the magic clans to get them to agree on standings of the clans.

With this new task, we left the tent and made our way to the sorcerer's tent to speak with their leader, hoping they would be more reasonable. Apparently they were already using their magic to fend off some magical beasties and were feeling underappreciated for their efforts. We offered to help ease the strain by taking out the remaining monsters, so they could use their magic for other more useful tasks. This was met with some appreciation, but also another problem. Their magic wasn't capable of curing the diseases or growing food for the people gathered in this place. With this insight, Virion and i Head off to the Druid hut to see what they could do about the issue. Feeling like I was doing all the talking, I told Virion he was in charge of this one and I knew he would do great! (He is a druid himself after all.) The leader of the druids was a delightful cat lady who was not helping because the other groups refused their help due to nationality (she was Ragesian). Other clans were stealing the druid's supplies on top of the disrespect so they were not to keen on helping them out. Virion suggested that being the bigger person and helping them out first with creating croplands would be setting a great standard for the rest of the clans. After brief deliberation, the druid chief agreed and spread her cats out among the camps apparently to plant crops. (OOC: the cats were released to catch disease carrying rats, but since we asked for them to help make food, Flynt thinks the druids taught cats how to farm.)

After this, we regrouped with Ashlin and Saoirse and found out Saoirse was now the Messiah of the refugees. Such an impressive feat and befitting of my captain! We called all the heads of the clans together for a group meeting and convinced the leaders strength in unity was better than individual hubris and formed a council with the 8 clan heads and a paladin named Laura Beck as the tie breaker.

With the refugees starting to self-govern, we decided to explore along the seaside. It wasn't long before we heard beastly wails and buildings crumbling. We came upon a lovely green dragon who was distraught over having an egg stolen from her. Using my expert tracking skills and Ashlin's ability to locate objects, we quickly found the fool trying to re-sell the egg in town for 5000GP. We stunned the robber and brought him back to the dragon with the egg. Along the way, Ashlin tried to show him the error of his ways by teaching him lessons from Pelor, but he wasn't very receptive. We returned the egg and calmed the dragon asking for forgiveness for the foolishness of this guy, but to spare him as everyone deserves a second chance. About this time Saoirse asked if we could borrow a magical item to help build some structure for the refugees. The generous dragon had a lyre of building which could construct more permanent housing that wasn't huts for the people. We agreed to borrow it in exchange for letting her hold onto the robber until we are done using it, at which point he will be set free. Excited to share the good news we headed back to the camp and gave the harp to a musician to start construction.

After turning over the Lyre, we were approached by a gnome telling us of an amazing teleporting circus. Of course we headed over to see the amazing sights. Much to our surprise, Tiljannie was already there, being recruited as an acrobat or something... It wasn't clear what she would be, but she was balancing on a pole, so acrobat makes sense. She seemed to enjoy it and was doing well so hopefully it plays out well for her. We learned that they were having an issue with their act when we were there. Teleporting acrobats were being set on fire upon "landing." I offered to do some research and was teleported. Sure enough, I came out, 30 feet away on fire! It was quite exhilarating.

Not knowing much about the issue, but being in a town with a famous mage court we went to seek answers. The red headed fan girl, Katerina, apparently was talking us up to the court since we dropped her off the day prior and the court was excited to meet with us. I think Saoirse was asking her to join up with us but I hope not. We met with the mages and found out some big trouble was brewing in the super south. We were unofficially appointed the task force to handle this threat by Simon and came up with a group name to go by: The Opposition. Apparently body parts of a goddess were being collected in order to bring the Ragesian god queen to full power. We agreed this would not be good and started to consider how to tackle the issue when a beautiful Drow woman burst in saying we were surrounded and we should bend a knee to her queen for any of us to have a chance to survive the invasion. This request was denied and instead Ashlin offered to take her out for a drink. Luckily she accepted and I think we made a new friend After the meeting we were approached by a mage named Simon who wanted to talk to us, but we had magical spider creatures to kill for the sorcerers so we asked him for a rain check until tomorrow to talk with him.

The spiders were not much of an issue, but they got my blood pumping. After we got back to town, we went to the tavern which had a fighting pit. The place was full of warriors telling tales of the glorious battles they fight. (OOC: failed a insight check to notice they were all obviously lying and were all very green) Wanting to let off some steam and learn from these great warriors, I challenged 2 of them to a handicap, no DQ, street rules, no-holds-barred match in the pits. They accepted but must've been recovering from a recent trip because they went down in one hit each. Upon taking down these regulars, a crowd gathered and seemed stunned at the lack of a show, so I challenged Virion to put on a show. He jumped into the ring and we began! I hit him with 2 powerful blows and he was also done..... So Ashlin was next! She was a grizzled pit fighter before, she'll put on a good show. We went toe to toe for a few rounds before I eked out a victory and challenged Saoirse as well. She seemed confident the crowd was pleased and didn't want to kill me, so she declined and we left the pits. The cool Northern Dwarven commander apparently owns the tavern and showed up to talk with us after hearing about our show. We went upstairs and played a weird game. As we played, the commander told us of some troubling news in the north about an orc invasion so we will leave for that soon to investigate and do what we can to help. He also mentioned some creatures in the steam tunnels beneath Sapphire that we will investigate before we leave, but first we must rest.

::End Flynt File::
    Last edited by normal name; 2018-07-04 at 01:13 AM.