Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
I second Hunter X Hunter being very fair.

Everyone can get power, bar none.

Obviously some are more innately talented, but not unlike the real world. Everyone can run, not everyone could compete in the Olympics.

The way you get powers is just training. Having a trainer helps, just like in real life.
Everyone knows Hunters exist, and everyone can become a Hunter.

Now, getting to the actual "power" part.. you CHOOSE your own power.

There is small limitation, in that you will have innate "affinity" to one of the 6 types of skills, but it's not really a big deal, for two reasons.
1) you can still use the other skills, albeit at less effectiveness
2) the 6 categories are just broad groups, such as "enhancement : improve something in your self"
Once you realize what your affinity is, you can just decide to create a power and learn it.

It can be as creative as you want, and it will be as powerful as you are. You can even give it weird restrictions of rules.

A guy's power, for example "When I touched you earlier I can silently implant a bomb in you. The bomb has an x day timer that starts when I tell you the rules about this power.
You can disable the bomb by touching me and saying "I captured you".

Or another guy's, "I punch REALLY hard"
Not to mention that people who are more talented at learning Nen generally have traumatic backgrounds or otherwise lived a difficult life that essentially laid the groundwork for them to be more receptive to the fundamentals of Nen (I.e. fending for yourself in the wilderness, growing up in a garbage dump with your garbage dump friends, having your clan massacred by the garbage dump people, etc.).

When in comes to Nature vs. Nurture, HxH falls hard on the side of nurture easily 9 times out of 10.