1. - Top - End - #1122
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVIII: Still Haven't Caught Up on Season 7!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    My blunders, I have heard nothing but good things about the movie.
    I am not going to speak to it's quality, because I have long since observed that people think I am burying a thing when I'm praising it, and vice versa. I do think you should see it at least once.

Be the change you wish to see.
    Oh that is such baloney. We are all products of the bad life and can hardly imagine the good.

It's not a problem with people of - ahem - colour. I like the Asari because they have a very organic reptilian blue, for instance; the Twi'Leks sometimes (but not always) pull off an exotic tattoo'd look. My problem with Rainbow and Rarity in EQG is how shockingly artificial they look. It doesn't look like a real flesh tone, it's somewhere between 'Rainbow is covered head to toe with downy blue fur' and 'Rainbow spray painted her face pastel blue'.
    I wonder how much of this is due to lighting/shading. I've not played the Mass Effect games, but from what I have seen the Asari (and indeed most) characters are. . . let's say not as comprehensively well-lit as characters in FiM and EqG. They have well-defined shadows that fill out the shape amd details of the face, while our Flash puppets are only lit or shadowed in exceptional scenes.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2018-07-19 at 07:06 PM.