Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
No doubt. But I see mention of grooming and hoof care on that page, not a lot of what I'd call makeup. Even if you could get actual makeup for horses - lipstick, false eyelashes, whatever powders and stuff people put on their faces - would it work anything like some of what we see ponies using? Being a show for little girls and made by humans, I would expect any makeup in the show to resemble and work like human makeup, not whatever real equine makeup would look/work. Conversely, because the makeup in the show looks and works like makeup for humans, it wouldn't be completely ridiculous to say that ponies must have faces that work like human faces, at least in some respects ... like having no fur.

Another example: We've seen Rarity prick her hoof with a needle, so pony hooves are not as hard as real hooves. Which also explains why pony horseshoes aren't nailed on. But their hooves also can be polished and make cloppy sounds, so they must be partially hardened.

So ... hooves are only partially hard, and maybe likewise their bodies are only partially covered in fur. In fact, maybe their fur is more analogous to typical human clothes than we suspected.