I forgot to mention something for Team Good last week. They had a run-in with a couple of cloakers, each of which is listed as a CR 8. Those are the weakest CR 8 critters I've ever seen. The party chewed through them like tissue paper. After the fight, we determined that cloakers must be an endangered species, since they're worth way too much XP to not be hunted by adventurers to the brink of extinction.

Anyway, on with the show!

Spoiler: Backstories Matter
Show
While the PCs were in the process of breaking camp, a pair of witches dimension doored into camp with offers aid slaying Gregor the Black Wolf. However, the witches weren't expecting the party's response.

"We've already got it figured out," Saorise said.
"What?!" the elder witch stammered.
"Yeah, just hit him with a cocktail of holy water, wolfsbane, and silver powder."
"How did you know?!"
"I got a thirty on my knowledge check."
"But you'll only have three days before the potion wears off! You'll never find him without our help!"
"I dunno, I think if I use locate object on his wolf pelt, that should do it," Ashlynn said.
"Well, um, okay then ..." the witch muttered sadly.
"Thanks anyway, though," Flint said.
"Well, uh, here," the witch sighed as she handed over her satchel. "Winter blankets and some healing potions. Maybe they'll help you."
"Never hurts to have extras, I guess," Flint replied with a shrug.

The PCs sent Mikali back to her home village (they didn't want her getting killed/getting in the way) and tracked the Black Wolf down to his den on the edge of a frozen river. Virion shouted a challenge for his vengeance. Gregor responded by charging into their midst, tearing into them with claw and fang. The battle was pretty fierce, since Gregor got four attacks per round, an aura of cold damage, and a few other nifty tricks. Only Flint ever got close to death, but the party has plenty of healing and he was never in any real danger. I'm fairly happy with how the battle went. As a solo boss, he handled the party better than I expected. The party eventually triumphed when Ashlynn landed a critical hit with her last smite of the day. Virion claimed his vengeance, Flint claimed Gregor's magic sword, and the girls buried the bloody wolf pelt.

The party was reminded they had been fighting on a frozen river when the ice began to crack, and they booked it out of there as fast as possible.

With the forest returning to normal, Mikali was sent a farewell sending spell, and the PCs continued north to Bordrin's Watch to aid the dwarves against the sudden mountain orc uprising. When they arrived, they were informed by the council of elders that another group of adventurers had been hired to seal the eastern tunnels, but the PCs were still needed to evacuate the temple of Moradin and seal the western tunnels beneath the church. The party agreed, with Flint even declining the dwarves' offer of 1,000 gp each upon the group's return. This caused quite the outrage from Ashlynn, who reminded Flint that she desperately needed a strength increasing magic item.

"Don't worry about it," Flint said with a grin. "I've got that magic coin that creates two gold a day!"
"Strength gloves cost four thousand gold!" Ashlynn cried. "It'll take like six years for you to make that much money with just the traveller's coin ..."
"Good things come to those who wait," Flint replied happily.
"Dinnae worry, lass," the dwarven elder said. "We'll donate the gold we would've paid ye. It'll go to the charity or orphanage of yer choice, lass!"
"I just want my magic gear ..." Ashlynn sobbed.

The PCs relaxed in town for the evening. Saorise, Ashlynn, and Virion hit up the tavern and proceeded to get knock-down drunk, Naoko carried Virion up to his room at the inn when he passed out from drinking local dwarven booze called "Not Fit for Human Consumption", Eva played cards in the alley behind the tavern, and Flint caught up with his old mentor Terrence Forkleaf. The half-elf ranger was the one leading the adventuring group into the eastern tunnels, and he promised Flint a graduation present when next they met. While at the tavern, Ashlynn learned from the innkeeper that her old gladiatorial partner, a half-orc named Greta the Knife, seemed to be leading the orcs against the dwarves. Greta was also rumored to be working with a new girl as her advisor and partner, which caused Ashlynn to freak out at the thought of someone prettier than her. I suppose even paladins have egos.

"Don't worry, Ashlynn, you can 1v1 Greta while we all sing 'Duel of Fates'," Virion said.
"I don't think I can fight her alone," Ashlynn admitted. "She was always the better fighter. I was just good at hyping up the crowd. We were like Enzo and Cass, and I was Enzo!"
"Greta is seven feet tall, and you can't teach that," the bartender chuckled.
"See? I'm gonna get killed fighting her!" Ashlynn said.
"Just take the high ground, you'll be fine," Virion replied.

Ashlynn proceeded to bemoan making herself the hype artist in her own background.

TL;DR: Stuff from the party's character bios are popping up left, right, and center!