Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
Okay, so my question: What could you have done about the portal between the bottom of the shaft where the cogtain died and the psyker holding cells? Could you have done something to prevent the zoanthrope from becoming a daemonhost?
Yes, the story makes it seem sort of inevitable, but that was really sort of a massive screw-up on our end. The whole "this place has a residual portal hooking it to a constantly screaming warp-tainted cogtain crater" was a MASSIVE red flag, and we were expected to either go through a series of attempts to fix it, or just move everything out of the room into a separate holding area of our own making (which doubtless would've had its own problems, like Tyranid splinters or other Inquisitorial ships chasing us or something). Instead we were like "nah, it's probably fine, just ignore it"...

Failer gave the impression that the whole "transport" arc was built up on the fly (by his standards), when we blatantly ignored a plot-hook, but rolled pretty well with the punch as things went. Kept poker faced right up until we found out it was possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
So a friend of mine posed an interesting question really.

On reread of the saga, every time you've met a daemonthrope, he had the same description. Claws, wings, three horns. The three horns and wings aren't particularly common on demons, really—so he was wondering.

Were the demon who was first summoned by the cultists, the one who possessed the Cogtain, the one who possessed the Daemonthrope, and the one who wound up possessing John Bane at the end all the same entity?
Nah, entirely separate.

I migth've screwed up the description somewhere, but the distinctive characteristics of the psyker-kid/cogtain/knarloc/Daemonthrope daemon (or "Frank" as someone dubbed him), is two curly horns, glowing eyes, and wings made of smoke. Claws are just something you get for free when you're a daemonhost with hands. No cultists were ever really involved with him either, he just sort of snuck into the abandoned kid when the Gellar Field failed, if you mean the Cogtain and his minions, it was never really specified what the hell was wrong with them, but they wound up amalgamating with the Daemon sort of accidentally.

Bane Johns' daemon on the other hand was just some unspecified Tzeentchian thingy: blue aura, feathery blue/black wings, horror-summoning powers, and then generic unspecified Tzeentchy characteristics that I embellished entirely based on the reference picture I found. I can definitely see the confusion, I should go back and remove the reference to horns and add some extra eyeballs or something (it was really late, sorry).