1. - Top - End - #442
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle IV: The Source Material Loses

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    What did they do with Venom?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Irrelevant.

Thre are clear-cut distinctions between Venom and it's hosts as well as each individual Venom that aren't present with Carnage--The Carnage symbiote's personality is patenred directly on Cletus Kassady's due to it bonding to him within seconds of being born and is bonded to him on a physiological level that is greater than any other Klyntar--they're said to be intertwined at the genetic level and the symbiote is known to be able to regenerate from Cletus's blood if its entire being is destroyed.

It's also known to force it's other hosts to behave like Kassady and was recently implied to have a Back Up of Kassady's epersonality, if not his entire consciousness, preserved in it--Norman Osborn ended his time as the Carnage Symbiote's host completly convinced that he was Cletus Kassady.

The argument could thus be made that Cletus himself doesn't matter and that the Symbiote is Carnage, in which case any of it's hosts are free game, as would it demonstrating abillities that it had with one host while with another host.

Hell, for the longest time there wasn't a distinction between Cletus and Symbiote: They were considered to be the same person in-universe and out.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-07-25 at 08:25 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks