Quote Originally Posted by BerzerkerUnit View Post
Ah! Sorry about that. I don't have a justification, but I will provide an explanation.

Mostly I'd claim enthusiasm and lack of sleep to be the culprit. I saw a homebrew contest and was like "I homebrew tons of stuff, let me in on that!" but I was in the middle of an over the ocean move from Honolulu to Portland so between packing and paperwork and tearing my hair out waiting to find out if I'm good enough TO GIVE PEOPLE MONEY (seriously, between the background checks for an apartment and to ship my car, I feel like I'll be asked for my info the next time I get a #7 at Taco Bell), I know I skimmed over everything posted, but clearly some of it didn't stick. I have to assume I dreamed having read the Erudite and liking it.

(I don't have any concise mechanical gripes with the Phobiamancer, but I do think it's too narrow a concept for a base class, but like I think I said, it would make a good jumping off point as an archetype for some kind of emotion controller, but it's very subjective either way).

As to the Overlord critique, it's certainly a subjective point. I felt giving the PC more to do would have been overkill without further nerfing the Thralls, although I thought what they were given in the Subclass was potent (though none of it shows up until the second half of your career). I will also note, I don't recall too many episodes of GI Joe or Pokemon where Cobra Commander or Ash did anything on their own.

I should also mention this same error occurred with my Voidtouched Sorcerer on the It Came From Beyond subclass contest. Double sorry.
Yes, I see, we all mistakes. Rules our outlined here to make things far though, and skimming through the rules and not memorizing them aren't enough to get that. I hope you understand, but I think I am going to need to disqualify you. It doesn't really matter though, because voting ends in 5 hours and you are unlikely to even get in 3rd place at this point. Please no hard feelings about this, I don't take any sort of enjoyment from doing this.

Please just remember this if you plan on entering the future competitions. You can still enter those without problem, even if you were disqualified once.