View Single Post

Thread: Campaign Journal: Ragesian Incursion

1. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Campaign Journal: Ragesian Incursion

Ashlin here: sometimes old fans send me things when they can track me down. This time, a fan sent me a tabloid piece and an articles about me.
    I always find the tabloids hilarious because they never seem to care about anyone I'm with unless they think we're romantically involved, which is
    why they got everyone's but my name wrong.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashlin the Astonishing and Greta the Grand: Where Are They Now?

Everyone that frequented the gladiator pits within the last couple of years remembers this tag team. Who could forget them? On one hand,
    we had the behemoth of a half-orc, Greta, who would often cause fans to pass out in the stands with a withering glare. And on the other
    was Ashlin, a plucky beauty who had quite the knack for smack talking. They were the gladiator pits’ pride and joy --- the sport’s favorite
    odd couple.

Everyone remembers one day after winning their fight for the evening, Greta stabbed Ashlin in the back, thereby ending the most successful
    tag team. No one really knows why the half-orc did what she did, and there are more than a few theories that range from unrequited love,
    jealousy, and a command spell. Regardless of the actual reasoning, Greta earned herself a new nickname that night: Greta the Knife.

But what happened to them? That is, what happened to them after the incident.

These two gladiator superstars met head to head recently, although not in a pit fight. Ashlin (with the most random assortment of adventurers
    whose names Athletics Recorded were not able to find) ran into Greta who was leading a force of orcs and some mysterious woman.
    According to our source, the two women wailed on each other with a few close calls on Ashlin’s end until Ashlin combined forces with some
    friends and felled the great gladiator.

Everyone here at the Athletics Recorded would like to send our prayers and appreciation to the late, great Greta the Knife. To us, you will
    always be the gladiator pits greatest warrior.

___

Several Spits Away Tabloid of Celebrity News

Ashlin the Astonishing Seen with New Woman

Just this afternoon the gladiator combatant turned adventurer was spotted at the Sapphire Circus with a mystery woman!

The new woman was tall with honey-colored hair and seemed nervous to be with such a high-profile date. But who wouldn’t be nervous when
    they’re on a date with someone with so many fans like Ashlin?

Our source noted that Naomi was not seen in the vicinity, leading many to speculate whether or not Ashlin cut ties with the long-sword wielding
    warrior in favor of this new contender. We can only assumed that Naomi didn’t take the break up as well as she would like people to believe.

Our source reached out to one of Ashlin’s traveling companions, Flick, who gave out several interesting details on the subject.

Flick said, “Well, she (Naomi) was saying something about believing in true love and how it will always find a way…”

When our source tried to interview the Zonan navy wizard, Sasha, they were met with a deliberate refusal to answer questions. The wizard
    gave our source a glare and disappeared. Maybe there are some underlying feelings for our favorite former gladiator harbored by the naval
    officer.

We can only hope Ashlin finds her true love, but here at Several Spits Away, we don’t think this new conquest will stand the test of time.

---Harvey Lemon
    Last edited by normal name; 2018-08-04 at 03:39 AM.