View Single Post

Thread: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

1. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

ROUND 9 ...

Event #3: Church Crashers (Skald, Shouting Tree, Ix-Caban; Corrin)
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    Skald shouts down to them, "One more small being has just appeared at the front. I shall approach from the left, while you come from the right!"

Shouting Tree and Ix-Caban move before Skald, who then flies back down near the ground and around the front of the church to confront the final assailant.

Some distance away, you hear a high-pitched scream from a woman...
    Spoiler
    Show
    See Page #1 for bcool's description of his PC. Don't post action right now, as I have to wait for Corrin to post whether or not he changes his PCs action.

Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    Corrin's eyes narrow into slits at the pillar of flame that smote the center of town, but before he can incant his spell he is surrounded by several figures. From your right comes a jungle savage with a mace whose top is that of some type of animal skull. Given his garb, he might be the owner of the discarded and broken (not destroyed) spear at your feet that you see. With him, and then zooming around to come to you from the front, is a Large-sized jaguar. You have never seen a hunting cat this big! Flying down and alighting immediately to your left comes a man with dragonfly wings.

They all just get to you and don't say anything (yet), but are threatening you. Well, the savage and the panther are, but the winged man to your left only has out some type of fancy bow. Given how he is dressed and that you've never seen him before, you might just have found the pirate leader!

Some distance away, you hear a high-pitched scream from a woman...

Corrin, you did not yet get a chance to take your action as intended. Now that you are threatened, do you cast your spell as intended (and note with or without concentration), or do something else now that the party has come to you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think BuckGodot has his description on page #1 of this thread, but I am not sure about the savage and his panther (which was originally in the Strange Aeons folder). Let me know if you want his description and picture again.

Event #4: The Chase (Vona)
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Vona screamed at the orc. Why did he have to be both this evil and this stupid?! She was a clear and present danger to him, so the smart thing would have been to try and take her out. It would have also been the evil thing to do; most tall folk tended to underestimate her at first, so he'd have thought she was easy prey, so killing her first would have heightened the fear of his intended victim.

But no. The orc was both and had been lazy enough to take the one within reach rather than the more important target and now one of her neighbors was dead. If this monster wants death, then his thoughtless cruelty had earned him it. She steadies her gauntlet, takes a step forward, and fires again. This time, the brute gets hit in the groin and goes down, unmoving.

Vona, what do you do?

Event #5: Slipknot Peet (Eliezer)
    Spoiler: Eliezer
    Show
    Eliezer closes the distance incredibly quickly, going right into a building and smacks the pirate mook in the head for 26 + 6 fire. The man is immediately disabled. He foolishly tries to attack Eliezer anyway, but is hurt too badliy to fight well. The exertion is too much, and the man falls unconscious, beginning to bleed out. The pirate leader had just turned the corner before you got there.

Eliezer, what do you do? Somewhere in the distance of the town, you hear a female scream.

Event #6: History Aflame (Tom, Hoggie & Rusty)
    Spoiler: Hoggie, Tom
    Show
    Hoggie hustles towards the center of town, Tom following just behind.
    Spoiler: Hoggie
    Show
    "Yeah, but I just heard a woman scream. Do you want me to continue towards the sea to scout out and you follow the scream?"

Just before Rusty mentioned the scream, Hoggie, you heard it too. It is coming from the western part of town.

What do the two of you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-08-03 at 11:22 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.