View Single Post

Thread: Tychris' Tomb of Annihilation IC

1. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Tychris' Tomb of Annihilation IC

The Jungle
    Day 11

Camped along the river Tyriki the party began to discuss an appropriate plan for approaching and engaging the lair of the Pterafolk. Srirak and Azaka, having lead the party through most of their native land that they were proficiently survivable in, conversed on the distant Firefinger as the others settled on a plan of action, and settled in for a long wait till night fall.

"Braids, why not take back own mask?"
    "I'm....." the Chultan woman ceased tying her fishing spear, biting her lip slightly as she fumed slightly "I'm afraid of heights. Fifty five feet is as high as I've ever gone. Firefinger is over three hundred feet tall. Otherwise I'd kill every Terror Folk in there and get it myself."

The Lizardfolk Shaman said nothing on the matter, merely flaring his nostrils.

"Do Terror Folk watch their own home?" He gazed up alongside her in the early morning sky to observe the sight of a few green smudges swirling around the massive plume of flame in the distance "Have you counted them?" At this Azaka cocked her head before throwing a clean shot into a passing fish. "No." She began to reel back in her target, lowering her body in the process, and using quick yet strong tugs. "They all look the same to me after a while. Those monsters. But they cannot number more than a few dozen given where they lair. Some of them may be children, elderly, or infirm so the exact number of threats is anyone's guess. On clear days like these I've always seen them patrolling and flying around their home at whim. Such arrogance."

They ceased communicating as the two settled in to gathering rations from the nearby river to pass the time. The tranquility of their activity, however, was shattered as a massive rock came crashing through the treeline some three hundred yards north of them along the river and indented itself in the center of the sluggish river.

The trees exploded

A massive orange ape like creature plowed through the dirt near the distant rock, blood gushing from its mangled frame as it hit the river, and splashed a cannonball of brobdingnagian proportions. Steadying itself to its forearms, the beast howled in response, and braced its fists to slam the unmistakable sight of a Tyrannosaurus Rex rushing in for its kill. Lunging through the air, the Alpha Dinosaur was batted aside with a succession of swipes from the hulking primate, and the two behemoths settled into a fit of violent wrestling.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-08-07 at 03:15 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░