View Single Post

Thread: WIP. 3.5e M&M Style

1. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: WIP. 3.5e M&M Style

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I believed for one instant that it would be additional work on the porting of dnd 3.5 in m&m.(which was done by grod the giant)
    So I think you should reduce bonuses and costs for all those things.
    I did, indeed, work on a similar project a while back, but with a key distinction-- I used the more-balanced M&M as my base, and modeled classic D&D abilities using its rules; you seem to be taking the less balanced 3.5 and trying to import... some point-buy rules, but not all. You're still buying haphazard level-based abilities, you're still allowing uncapped bonuses, and... as noob noted, your costs are already out-of-whack, even before you get to unquantifiable special abilities. Like, as far as I can tell, just the Barbarian chassis would be 7 pts/level.

If you want something that's close to being in between the two systems, maybe take a look at True20? It's another Green Ronin game, a more point-buy version of the 3e paradigm, and it has a custom class creation system.

*Ish. Provided no-one tries to hard to break things. But it's obvious when you're doing it, and it's not something that's restricted to certain character types.
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2018-08-09 at 09:21 AM.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use