View Single Post

Thread: WIP. 3.5e M&M Style

1. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: WIP. 3.5e M&M Style

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I believed for one instant that it would be additional work on the porting of dnd 3.5 in m&m.(which was done by grod the giant)
    I now see that system where I have no idea what I can buy with those points.
    And I also am confused on how I buy saves for example if I want one at level and one at good and one at poor how much does it costs?
    Your system does not give any answer to my question.
    Also if you plan to make the rest of the system dnd 3.5 like then I can tell you that you utterly overestimate the actual value of bab and saves(if saves works the way I understood by reading) and the value of skill points and the value of all non primary stats such as charisma or strength or even int(if you have no class features based on int).
    With your system I can not see anybody not putting charisma to 1 except for charisma based casters because it is like gaining the points of a level for no good reason. idem for int if not an int based caster and idem for strength if you do not plan to carry heavy or stab stuff in contact.
    So I think you should reduce bonuses and costs for all those things.
    Actually, I think it's true that setting an ability score to 1 might be a bad idea... After all, even the oldschool versions had you roll 3d6. Minimum was three. And animal intelligence is 1-2. I'll really have to think about it.

Bottom line, however, is the DM still has to approve everything. And even if you're allowed to run around with a strength or charisma score of one, just a little poison or certain mobs with stat damaging abilities will quickly make you regret that. I still wanted to throw in the option, however, as this was supposed to be about freedom with character creation.

Might have to see about increasing character points slightly as your character level increases. Keep in mind this thread title was labeled "WIP" so the numbers might see some adjustment.

As of now, I do not believe the costs of skill points and "unused" stats are off. Maybe you are going off the assumption that feats will all cost one character point each? Hah, hardly... some, maybe? Others, not so much.

But if you don't know the cost of something when everything is clearly labeled with a cost..? I don't know, I can't help you unless you want to be more specific. The bolded part in particular, I don't even think that makes sense in english, so I can't exactly understand what you're asking.

Maybe if I could rephrase? So there's 3 saves: Fortitude, Will, and Reflex. You can choose to set any of them to either good saves, bad saves, or non-progressing. You look at the first chart, and however many saves you made "good", you have that much incremental cost per level. Then if you chose to make any of your saves "non-progressing", you get a bonus back, also based on your level.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2018-08-09 at 10:46 AM.