Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
Was sasuke ever really important to the bad guy plot? I thought he was basically a seat filler for the bijuu hunting squad. As for orochimaru and konoha, as long as they could get the bijuu did madera even care that much?
Not Sasuke - remember, he and the real Madara don't even meet until the final battle.

No, I'm talking about Obito. If Obito had not, very specifically:

1) Gone on that particular mission.
2) Had a teammate get captured and held in that particular cave.
3) Get almost killed by the cave in, such that his friends leave him for dead.

Then NONE of the plot for Naruto happens. Madara bums around that cave for a few more years, then keels over. The End.

I'm not sure what you're referring to in your second comment, Orochimaru was never interested in the Bijuu that I can recall. I was talking about after his resurrection (another BS ass-pull since his soul SHOULD have gotten devoured by that sword Itachi had) when he's suddenly on the side of the good guys. His obsession with destroying Konoha? Gone for no given reason. His interest in Sasuke? Other than a lingering teacher-pupil thing, he now seems uninterested where he was creepily obsessed before. This is borne out by the sequel series, where Orochimaru just goes off and lives in the woods somewhere. It's weird, and there isn't a Piccolo-style slow shift in his character to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
Could you please make that? I want to see it.
[Scruffy the Janitor] Second. [/Scruffy the Janitor]