1. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: What series/book/story that you liked in the beginning disappointed you the most?

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    The subsequent seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation were better than the first.

The last season of Enterprise was the best.
    With TV shows, this isn't that surprising. For your typical broadcast shows there's usually one of two scenarios....

1) The first season is of a set quality. That quality is either too poor to generate a second season, or it does, and the second season is poorer and the show usually dies during/at the end of that second season.

2) The first season is of a set quality. That show is of sufficient quality to generate a second season which is of better quality, and the show continues. Repeat until it declines.

There are exceptions, but I have a hard time picturing any show that went 5 or more seasons where the general consensus is that the first season was the best. Likewise I wouldn;t expect the last season of any show going that long to be the best. Enterprise seems to be an exception in some people's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Aliens was as good as Alien.

The Road Warrior
    was better than Mad Max.

The Empire Strikes Back
    was as good as [I]Star Wars.

Change is usually bad for me, other people find things improving?

A thread saying what series get better interests me!
    I think most people feel Thor: Ragnarok was better than the first two. One of the few example I feel that way about in movies, esp. trilogies.
    Last edited by tomandtish; 2018-08-22 at 10:43 PM.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".