1. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC-Interactive RP Thread]

Spoiler: Hoggie>>>Rabbi Cohen
    Show

The good looking young man who arrives at the appointed meeting time is obviously Hogarth Wainwright but his appearance is drastically different from the day before. Gone are rough homespun garments and leather sandals and in their place are a strange assortment of adventuring gear. His long hair is tied behind his head in a short ponytail and a thin headband encrusted with emerald gems decorated his brow. His lanky frame is covered with an elaborate set of well made leather armor fashioned in the likeness of interlocking leaves of various shades of green. The leather moves as a second skin and his movements are sure and light as he enters the Church. Even more exotic is the large , impossibly thin sword sheathed over his right shoulder. The grip of the sword is two handed and decorated with Elvish runes and the tip reaches to a hand span of the floor. A leather backpack with many pockets and flaps is partially concealed by a green woolen cloak.
    His face is expressionless and his gaze slips over Rabbi Cohen before he sits down and sets Rusty down on the floor.

When you meet Rabbi Cohen in the morning, he greets you warmly and shows you to a seat at a conference table.

"Good morning, Hogarth ... Wainwright? Am I correct? You may call me Rabbi Cohen. It's still morning, so may I pour you a glass of water? So, what is the name of your silvanshee ... familiar, no doubt." He winks to Hoggie at this and nods. "Yes, Mr. Wainwright. Despite the odd coloration of your friend, I am enough of a scholar (but only just enough) to recognize the difference. It comes with the territory of having had to research my own heritage and nature." Heflaps his wings just a little for emphasis.

At the direct questioning, Hogarth’s piercing green gaze sharpens as awareness floods the man’s features and his eyes lock with Rabbi Cohen with a disturbing intensity.
    “My name is Hogarth Wainwright. People call me Hoggie. This is my friend Rusphalia or Rusty for short. Yes , I will have some water, Thank you. You are a dwarven type of Chalkdri. An angelic outsider with militaristic tendicies. You are a long way from home.”
    After the short outburst, Hoggie’s face goes slack and he stares into the air over Rabbi Cohen’s right shoulder.”

"I want to thank you for running towards danger instead of away, and that is one half of the mindset we're looking for. In that regard, I thank you for volunteering. The other half is not just attitude, but how you can back it up. I need to know what skill sets you possess - mundane and exceptional - so that I may best know how to recommend you to Lady Lavinia. So, Mr. Wainwright, what do you bring to the table?"

“Well, there was no reason to believe he’d always be there
    But if you don't put faith in what you believe in
    It's getting you nowhere
    'Cos it hurts, you never let go
    Don't look down, just look up
    Cos he’s always there to behind you, just to remind you
    Two hearts, believing in just one mind
    You know we're two hearts believing in just one mind”
    Spoiler: credit
    Show

Phil Collins, “Two Hearts” Songwriters: Lamont Herbert Dozier / Phillip David Charles CollinsTwo Hearts lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, Downtown Music Publishing

Hoggie takes his first two fingers as he speaks and then touches his temple and then reaches towards Rabbi Cohen’s temple before stopping inches away. He repeats the motion twice before smiling expectantly at the space over Rabbi Cohens shoulder and nodding.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2018-08-30 at 07:00 PM.