Spoiler: Vona> > >Rabbi Cohen
Show
For a moment, Vona looks utter confused about the Rabbi not knowing about spheres, as they were a fundamental aspect about how she understood magic. She wracked her brain for a moment trying to figure out how he knows about magic and not spheres until she remembered. "Oh, your magic is of the variable, non-compiled neuromantic type, or the VNCN Model as it's known academically. No, spheres are abilities that build of each other rather than the odd "slot and effect" system you use. The practical upside is that with this I can make a destructive blast every 6 seconds if I need to and can create real objects like stone wood and water-"

As she says that last one, about 23 gallons of water suddenly appear over Vona's head and noisily splashes onto her, getting the surrounding area wet. Vona, for her part, remains unfazed and continues speaking "But the objects aren't permanent and fade away when I stop concentration." As she finishes, her sentence, the water begins to rapidly evaporate, leaving Vona as dry as she was before, as though it had never been there in the first place. "I also have some divinatory abilities, but they are limited and it mostly detects magic or minerals/water. Normal stuff. I can do more damaging blasts or have longer lasting construct, but those require an expenditure of personal magic energy (or PME as I've come to call it, though some prefer the far blander "Spell Points"), and it's in limited supply, though it does recharge like most things after a good night's rest." She puts her hand on her chin, thinking before continuing. "So I suppose it is akin to psionic power points. However, as I understand it, psions gain a far greater number of points as they increase in power as the costs keep increasing, but PME is linear as the costs never increase."

She sees hime even more losk about her secondary field, so she tries to explain. "The local magic is called Akasha, but I've done some research and found that it was once called Incarnum, though I don't know why the name was changed. It's kind of a mixture of spheres and the VNCN Model in that they have predetermined effects, but you empower them with energy. The big difference is that while PME is spent in a sphere effect, mana as they call it, is not and can be moved from one effect to another. Oh, and the effects are located on the same chakra points that magic items use, though they don't stop items from working there. Also slightly annoying is that the mana isn't compatible with PME, as there have been plenty of times that I needed one and had the other."

When the topic of the natives comes up, she is a tad skittish. "Not as well as I would like. I was kinda stubborn when I was there, so I didn't take as much care with the language as I should have as I was sure I'd be let go immediately (They thought I was a child, if you recall, so they were "saving me from myself". Ugh.), but I have a basic grasp of the language. I wouldn't want to try to explain anyting technical in it, but for most conversations I should be fine."

To his final question, she responds "Well, since you brought it up, what's your deal Rabbi? I assume that between the title and mention of Moradin that you're a man of the cloth, but what does that give you in case of combat? Not to diminish your faith, but since we're talking about capabilites, what are yours?"