Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
Pretty simple here y'all. I'm playing Myth Drannor as an all-day one-shot this Saturday, and I'm making a Hexblade as a backup character.

I'm using the variant Criminal (Spy) background, as a former spy for one of the major governments. The character is Half-Elven as well.

What I'm looking for are just maybe 5-10 dead simple bullet points that can be used for a backstory. Nothing crazy or off the wall necessary. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks!
  • Grew up in highlands. A hamlet (population 300-400) on rolling hills with some cliff dwellings. Mostly human-dominated.
  • Family are refugees, fleeing after "bad intelligence" was given to a major government power which resulted in a calamity or war.
  • Early childhood involved historical religious instruction. Worshiped <Hexblade> for years, but does so in secret and does not observe commitments openly nor consistently.
  • After relocation and hiding, you learned to farm. Helped plant, weed and harvest crops (wheat or similar) and kept a low profile.
  • During daily routine, significant villain (perhaps noble from previous government power) threatened the community.
  • Your family patron <Hexblade> fulfilled its end of a pact / bargain in dealing with the villain.