Vershab listens closely as the innkeeper speaks, his expression vague and his eyes unfocused. Turning to his companions after the woman walks away to serve other customers he says, "It might not be well received, but we could go and ask the Haty-a's superior for permission. If she is our enemy it will likely result in less overt opposition, but we may be able to discover what we need to learn without her good will..."

Spoiler: Mechanics
Show
Knowledge (Local) (1d20+19)[32] regarding the "Muminofrah of Sothis"

"Alternatively, I have magic that can make us fly, invisible, and render my appearance different. With some well-used illusion magic and a distraction or two we could probably sneak into the Inner Sanctum. The biggest concern there is wards on the space itself or the books and scrolls inside - but I should be able to detect such magic with a simple cantrip. Disarming the wards could be accomplished by way of my own magic or even the skill of a young person trained in such things.

However, my only divination magic allows me to see and hear from a distance, which could prove useful other times but is very narrow in scope and not especially helpful here. I know of some divine magic, commonly called an "augury" that could give us simple guidance on best courses of action.
" The arcanist looks at Azkin expressionlessly and waits, as if he had asked a question for which the answer was obvious.